Sunday, June 19, 2011

Busy, busy, busy

And may I say it again... busy! Not just with life in general but with cakes!! I still don't think I have caught up on my sleep. Last weekend I had 5 cakes to make (that consisted of actually baking 6 cakes because one of the finished products had 2 cakes and the other was made for my family as I had leftover chocolate batter). In addition to those, I had one to make for the Wednesday before and I made one last night. Goodness gracious! Prayers are definitely being answered. Thank you. I will say that it is amazing to see the amount of orders that come through Facebook. My cake album is the only photo album that I have that is "public" and I always "tag" the person I do the cake for to their cake! Their FB friends see the pictures and search me out! Talk about networking!

Anyway, I am sure you are ready to see some pictures! I am ready to post them. Oh, and if you are a FB friend, hope you enjoy a second time around!

My Little Pony -- "Star Star"

Another ladybug cake and another "Alyssa"

My cousin graduated from high school last weekend. Yay!

Umm... this one has a bit of a story behind it. You see, this was the cake that was made with the "extra" chocolate batter. So, I used the extra icing from my cakes that evening (which just happened to be the graduation one) and decorated this cake. Since I was eh hem "re-using" my materials, I decorated the cake with a recycle sign. Genius, right?!? LOL

I have actually made one of these before, but I added the thin blue line to this one (yes, it was my husband's idea ... must give credit where credit is due, right?). My husband's police department had a Family Day last weekend and I was voluntold by my husband that I was to make the cake. It was definitely a big hit and I am glad that I was able to do it. I really like the finished product on this one! (not that I don't like them all!)

This one was for a friend of ours. He turned 32 last weekend and I really wasn't sure what to put on the cake, but he IS a sports fanatic, so I made sure to include his two favorite teams.

And last but not least, this one I did Friday night. It was on a whim. Chandler's mom called me Friday and needed it for Saturday so I had to think quick on my feet. This was also the first time that I used "whipped" icing and it was not what I normally think of whipped icing like on the cakes at Sam's Club. It was more like the consistency of meringue. I don't think I will be able to use this again. Way too soft for cake decorating but luckily it turned out okay for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment