Sunday, May 8, 2011

Dear Mom...

Disclaimer: Tears may well up and tissues will probably be required. Consider yourself warned! :)

Oh, where do I begin? I love you and thank you sounds good. :) Since you are away on this special day, I want to take a small moment, in a different way, to wish you a wonderful Mother's Day. You are so special to me and I thank God that he gave me to YOU. You have not only been my Mom, but you have been my very best friend, my shoulder to cry on, my giggle partner, my advisor/mentor and so much more. I am glad that we have the relationship that we have. I believe that through life, it has made us both stronger.

Thank you so much for teaching me everything you have through life -- the good, the bad, and the ugly -- because they ALL matter. Thank you for your little tidbits in life, i.e. telling me to marry someone that would make me laugh, to smile often, and to choose my battles. All of these are great pieces of advise for life!

Thank you for raising me with Christ first. I don't think you will ever know what that means to me. Thank you for praying for me. Thank you for praying for me AND Wayne. Thank you for raising me in a wonderful church that Wayne and I now call home (again - for me). I really believe that I am in a place that God wants me to be right now and it really feels great.

As I type this, I am thinking about the many things that I could say. One of the things that keeps coming to mind are our cards/letters that you sent to me a while back. (I still have them and they will appear again... :)) So often, I made a reference to you teaching me to fly so that I could leave your nest. Now that I am "soaring" in my world as an adult, wife, and Mommy, please know that I still see you behind me watching and guarding my every move. Even though you may not speak when you may see me falling, I know you are there. I just have to call on you if I ever need anything. That is part of what is special between us.

Thank you for just being you. You were right, I would never understand the love that a mother has for her child until I had one of my own. I do believe that there is a special kind of love that is from a child to their mom. There is for me anyway. One that is sincerely thankful and unconditional.

I love you, Mom. Thank you for everything you have done and will continue to do. You are AWESOME!

Love Always,
Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment