Wednesday, April 27, 2011

We had a poopie party...

... and I was going to take pictures, but I thought I would spare you. You're welcome!

Jackson seems to reach "milestones" in his life only when HE wants to reach them. I mean, really buddy... did you really have to wait until you were EIGHTEEN months old to walk!?! Anyways, I was thinking that potty training would be the same way. (I am still thinking it by the way.)

Over the past 3 days, Jackson has really taken to going pee-pee in his potty. Monday night, I think he went 3 times. Tuesday night, he told me that he had to poopie so we RAN into the bathroom and began playing the waiting game. "Book, Mommy" was his first statement. Goodness child, can you at least do your first poopie without a book?! Apparently not. I gave him one of Wayne's police magazines and he flipped a few pages. The magazine was two times bigger than his lap, but, he managed. He also made sure that he pointed out every ... little ... picture ... in the magazine and said "What's that Mommy?" and when I answered him, he just had to repeat my answer. Like this:

Jackson: What's that Mommy?
Mommy: They are boots, Jackson
Jackson: Boots?
Mommy: Yes, boots
a few seconds later
Jackson: What's that Mommy?
Mommy: a gun
Jackson: A gun?
Mommy: Yes.
a few more seconds pass
Jackson: What's that Mommy?
Mommy: A police man
Jackson: O-leece man?
Mommy: Uh huh.
and another second passes
Jackson: What's that? (pointing to the original boots)
Mommy: Those are boots Jackson. Do you still need to poopie?
Jackson: Yes.
Mommy: (sigh) okay, please try to go.

And with a few grunts, and a few more "What's that, Mommy?"'s, Jackson poopied in the potty!! WOOO HOOO!

Will he do it again in the next few days? Umm... probably not. He refuses to pee-pee in the morning - to the point of screaming and crying when I try to take his PJ pants off. I think he still thinks it is some kind of game. But I know that I am really excited about getting potty training underway! I know it is going to be a long process, but hopefully this milestone will not be slow to reach!

No comments:

Post a Comment