Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Just thinking...

Wayne and I are going through an adventure right now and trying to make decisions about our near future. Opportunities are presenting themselves and we are getting very excited. I don’t think I want to open up about anything yet (and no, we are not expecting) but hopefully I will be able to give more details soon. All of that is for another posting though.

We have been doing a lot of prayer about these opportunities and through a women’s bible study I am participating in, I have been thinking a lot about God speaking to me. Thinking about the different ways that He does speak and also getting answers to our prayers that may not necessarily be what we want. I am really trying not to get my hopes up about anything but it is really hard not to stay on cloud nine.

And then, this morning, I received my daily bible verse on my phone:

“Keep your life free from love of money, and be content with what you have, for he has said, ‘I will never leave you nor forsake you.’” Hebrews 13:5

When I read this, all I could do was stare at “be content with what you have”. I try to tell myself this everyday. I don’t want to get too excited about things moving along in life and forget to ask God what he wants me to do or even worse, IGNORE what he wants for me. But is this how He is speaking to me? Am I trying to ignore it because that isn’t want I want?

This is so hard. I hate the battle of knowing what we want and knowing that He knows best – which may not match what we want. Should I struggle with this? Probably not, but I do. The next step? Getting back on my knees and try to gain a better understanding of what He wants for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment