Sunday, April 10, 2011

Cancer and a cake...

Cancer is becoming such a dirty word. It really amazes me how often I hear of people getting it, finding out they have stage 4 of some type of cancer, and/or dying of it. It is definitely affecting a lot of people. However, it seems to hit a lot harder when it hits home.

Cancer hasn't hit my actual family, but it hit a co-worker of mine recently. Becci found out she had breast cancer about two months ago. Since that time, she has undergone many tests, surgery, and now chemotherapy. She has definitely been a fighter and I believe she will continue to be. She is often lifted up in my prayers and I know God will see her through this battle.

She will start back to work today and she doesn't want anything to be out of the ordinary (I don't think I would either), but at the request of her direct team-mates, I have made a "Jennifer cake" for her. I sure hope she enjoys!! Thought I would share a picture with you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment