Tuesday, August 23, 2011

We're off to see the wizard...

Not really. However, we are off... to a good start with the house! They did hold off from starting last week because of the potential rain that was coming in this weekend and I am glad they did because whew, what a storm we got Friday night and Sunday night.

I did get a nice surprise when I visited the lot this evening though... see for yourself...









Who would have ever thought we would be so excited over some concrete being poured! :) Wayne had actually stopped by earlier today (around noon) to find a man with a tractor digging the holes. He had no idea that they would be pouring concrete today too! It was a nice surprise for him when I was able to show him these pictures.
************************************************
In other news... there isn't much hugely exciting to announce. Jackson is growing and growing. Wayne said he went in to check on him Friday night before he went to bed and noticed that he is getting longer! I think we are going to have to transition Jackson to a bigger bed when we move just for the sake that he will be getting too long for the toddler bed pretty soon. Okay, so it may be like another year before he actually out grows it, but hey, wouldn't you love to get a new bed with a new room!?!? Speaking of his room, I was  thinking about painting his room a neutral color and buying Cars wall decals to put on his walls. However, I cannot seem to find exactly what I want without paying $100 or more for one character. I did ask him the other day if he would like to have Tow Mater on his wall and he was really excited about that. So, I may just do one or two really big ones and then do more of my decorating on his bed sheets/comforter, curtains, and all that jazz. We'll see. I just want something that will be easy to change in a few years because he won't be into Cars forever.


************************************************

I am still working on my cakes. I am staying busy with them as well. The orders seemed to slack off a bit in August, but September is already filling up fast! I even received an order today for one in December! I am thankful for the opportunity to do this. It is nice to have the little bit of extra cash every now and then. Especially when we plan to go to the "baseball game" like we are going to do Thursday night. Jackson really enjoys watching the game and it is a cheap date (until you buy the wonderful food!). I did this T-Rex cake for a friend of ours. I have two more 1st birthday cakes next month. Such an exciting milestone! :) Going to be working on a super hero cake for a 4 year old and two other cakes that the requesters don't know what they want on them yet. We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment