Sunday, June 5, 2011

Lists

I guess I will try something new. I have seen this done on a couple of other blogs that I follow and it seems to make for a quick read. I would like for it to mean that I will at least blog once a week, but I am going to quit making empty promises. Lets face it... I am just too busy.

Anyway, the gist of this type of posting is just to “list” certain things on my mind. That way there is no specific topic I have to write about. Got it? That was easy, right? Here goes. Week 1...

1) I am really thankful for the small blessings of cake orders I have seemed to receive over the past month. I have four, yes FOUR to make this week!
2) I have been earnestly praying for a phone call that my husband needs to make this week. No details right now, but hopefully soon, I will be able to enlighten you guys. Just pray with me please. The Lord knows the request.
3) Jackson’s potty training is ... well, um... has slowed. I really just got frustrated with making him do something he just plainly didn’t want to do. I just don’t think he is ready. However, we still go when he has the desire to go. I am definitely not going to turn him away from going, if he tells me he wants to go. The problem is, he has usually already gone in his diaper when he tells me he wants to use the potty. We will get there... hopefully it will just happen before he is 5.
4) I am very excited about an upcoming ADULT trip that my husband and I are taking at the end of this month. We have planned a trip to Williamsburg, VA with another couple and the babies are staying home! Wayne and I definitely need some time away. Not necessarily away from Jackson, but just some time away from the daily musings of life. We will be gone for a long weekend and little man will be able to spend the time with all three of his grandmas! He’s so lucky!
5) I have to take my car in the morning to be looked at. For some reason, it seems to idle high or have a slight roaring sound when I turn the wheel, back up into a park, or let my foot off the gas to slow a bit. I have had a couple of people say that it could be my power steering, but I am not really sure what it is. I just want to get it fixed before the warranty runs out. I also don't want to take it and them tell me there is nothing wrong. That is so frustrating. We'll see.
6) I have been reading "The Brotherhood" by Jerry B. Jenkins. He co-authored the Left Behind Series with Tim LaHaye. It is actually a very good read if you are into police stuff. I kind of have to be. :) It is just very frustrating because it has taken me about a week to get through the last 4 chapters because I cannot seem to find the time to get to them, or I fall asleep reading them. Maybe tonight, after this posting.
7) I went to the pool yesterday with a friend of mine and got burnt to a crisp. I hurt. Bad.
8) I saw this verse on a print that can be ordered through an etsy shop this week and it has been on my brain... "Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
9) So ready to see Courageous -- in theaters September 30, 2011!
10) I found a new favorite song by Sidewalk Prophets. The bridge of the song is so powerful to me.
11) OK... I think I just heard a THUD in my attic above my kitchen... Yes, I think we have mice up there... and I HOPE THEY ARE NOT MAKING THEIR WAY DOWN!! I hate those things. I am so scared to go up there now. We have GOT to get rid of them though.

Okay. That's enough for now. Going to try and sleep so that I don't hear anymore noises.

2 comments:

  1. Whoohoo for #4! (o: I'm all about adult trips - my husband and I are going on one next weekend and I am very excited.

    I hate noises that come in cars or attics. *shudders*

    ReplyDelete