Monday, March 7, 2011

He's doing some more growing up...

Since Wayne was off last weekend, I decided that I wanted to go ahead and convert Jackson's crib to a "toddler" bed. To be honest, I was quite hesitant because I wasn't sure how he was going to react for one thing, but on the other hand, I didn't know if he would "behave" and go to sleep like he was supposed to. However, I was going to give it a try anyway.

Jackson made sure that he gave his Daddy an extra hand while he did this task for his Mommy. I am not sure if it was all that much of a "helping" hand, but he definitley wanted to pretend like he was doing something. I was sure that I continued to be very excited about it in hopes that Jackson would take on that same excitement. He did.


Getting him to bed for the night has been easier than getting him down for a nap. I will say though, it has not been hard getting him down for a nap. He definitely got his sleep traits from his daddy -- once his head hits the pillow, he is out! I count that as a blessing! For both naptimes this weekend, he cried a little bit, but once we laid him down, he was fine. All in all, I believe this was the perfect time for the "upgrade". It's definitely great not to have to jump out of bed when he calls in the morning to get him out of the crib!

Times like these are so bittersweet. The little guy really is growing up too fast. I am so excited to see him reach all of these milestones though. I say that, not having reached potty training yet... that chapter is for another day... maybe next year?!?! We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment