Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Ever play "Where's Waldo?"...

...With your son?

I went in to check on Jackson this morning while I was getting ready and I found this... An empty bed. I have been leaving his door cracked in the evening just in case he gets up, he can get out of his room. No, he hasn't learned how to turn a door knob yet. I count that as a blessing too, sometimes. I will tell you that after finding the empty bed, my first emotion was worry... Where could he be? I kept thinking that he might be curled up under the blanket on his pillow but then my next thought was he was much too big for that little spot. I opened the door a little more and I could hear his congested breathing. I knew then he was in there some where. But, where? Just to the right side of his bed, we have all of his toys, so I opened the door a bit more to see if I could see him in that corner. No luck.

Not until I looked all over the room did I find him... Lying flat on his belly with his arms underneath him in the opposite corner of the room. I am really not sure what happened from the time I went to sleep last night til the time I woke up, but it looks like he had a hard night. I asked him if he fell off the bed and he shook his head yes, but I would hope that I would have heard him... He did still seem very exhausted this morning so I am not sure how much good sleep he got. He was right under the window... hopefully he wasn't too cold. Glad I had his footie pj's on.

He did change positions right before I took this picture. That is why he is all curled up in a ball.

No comments:

Post a Comment