Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bamboo-ology

Kristin Byrum is a college friend of mine that now has two photography businesses with her husband Aaron. One is a wedding photography business called Kristin Byrum Photography and the other is Bamboo Studios. She and her husband have been in photography for about 6 years now.

After many, many questions from inquiring minds about how photography really works and how should someone get started, Aaron decided to have a photography workshop this past Saturday. My mom purchased a seat in the workshop for me for Christmas. I was so excited about going. Not only to get more information about photography but to also catch up with Kristin and Aaron. I hadn't seen them in several years. I had a WONDERFUL visit and ended up learning a lot in the workshop. We were able to have a model and practice some shooting. Here are just a couple of my shots. Once I edit my others I will try and get them posted.


I think this one is a bit over exposed, but I love the dramatic effect of it all.

Love these even though her face looks washed out... the sun just gave us too much light... I am glad that I was able to join in on Bamboo-ology. I hope there are additional classes in the future. Just have to practice a WHOLE lot before then so that I can gain some added skills! Thanks Aaron and Kristin!

No comments:

Post a Comment