Tuesday, February 23, 2010

What a Monday

So, I was supposed to post this last night, but the idea of sleep just captured my attention much quicker than getting on my laptop to type this blog posting. So, here I am early Tuesday morning to update.

As I mentioned Sunday evening, I was updating the blog apperance again. Well, again, I got wrapped up into the design and didn't finish until about 1:15 am. Then, since I am trying to be a better wife and keep things picked up around my house, I did that very thing. So, my head didn't rest on my pillow until 2am Monday morning! Ahh! Why do I continue to do that to myself? I don't know. I do know that the diet pepsi that I had for dinner was probably not a good idea. Caffeine is really beginning to affect me like never before. I cannot have it after lunch any more or I will not be able to go to sleep at a reasonable hour that evening. The very disheartening thing about the whole sleep thing is that I was told in a sermon Sunday morning that stewardship is not only the giving of our money and our time, but it is also upholding our bodies which are for Christ. Getting enough rest was one of the bullet points in the message. Wow, was I really preached to!

Before I did fall asleep though, I did have to make sure my alarm was set with the volume all the way up. I couldn't over sleep again (as I did 2 days in a row last week). I will have to say that 5:30am came WAY too fast. But, I arose and jumped in the shower as quickly as I could. That seems to really wake me up. I was able to get Jacksons cups washed up and get his breakfast ready. I even had time to straighten my hair! When I let Bo out to do his morning routine, I noticed the display of clouds across the sky and knew that I needed to capture that. So, I got my handy dandy new camera out and took a few shots. I think this is the best of them...

And just a few minutes after I took this, the sun started peeping through the clouds. But, at that point, I didn't really have the time to get the camera back out. So, I just noticed the nice sunshine and went back to getting everything ready.

I managed to get Jackson to day care a bit early yesterday and so I got to work a few minutes early. However, that really didn't matter as I later realized through out the day. I felt so unaccomplished by 4:30pm. I really hate it when I feel like I just drive in circles all day spinning mud out from behind me. (Maybe today will be much more productive).

We had dinner with my brother and future sister-in-law. She fixed chicken breasts with french onion thingys wrapped around them. The chicken was baked and we had string beans and mashed potatoes. It was very delicious and it was nice to eat at home for a change. So, tonight... I will be taking out some chicken for chicken parmesean. I am having a hankering for it. Anyway, Jackson ate really good last night too. He also drank his milk really well too! My cousin gave him a straw sippy cup for his birthday and he seems to enjoy drinking his milk from that better than his normal cups.

Okay, I have to hurry.. he is waking up! After dinner we headed back home (Jackson fell asleep in my arms at my brother's). I laid Jackson in his bed and I laid on the couch to watch some TV. I don't think I watched anything for mor than 5 minutes until I was asleep. I do remember Wayne trying to get me up at midnight to get me to go to the bed and I starting talking about putting ice cream in the oven. It was hillarious. I remember him laughing so hard at me. I didn't get up though. I just laid there and slept until he finally went to bed around 2.

So that was my Monday. To end this post, I am going to show you a picture that just popped out at me when I was looking for my cloud pictures. I took this Sunday afternoon... but isn't he just so handsome?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Yes he is and as always he's taking his socks off. I think you've got a barefoot baby.

    ReplyDelete