Thursday, February 25, 2010

Love... Wedding... Marriage...

This weekend, Wayne and I will be attending a marriage retreat with the church that I grew up in. We will be going out of town, so you know what that means? Jackson will stay here. Grandma will be the lucky one to keep him this weekend. She is very excited. Now, I am also very excited for her and excited about going, but not so excited to leave my little man here. I know he will be fine, and I will worry about him more than he will wonder where we are at... but... it is just going to be hard.


Now, for the weekend, it will be nice to get away and have some "me and Wayne" time. He has been begging for a while and we are finally going to be able to go. Just another tidbit of info... it will not just be this weekend -- but we are heading out again next weekend -- just the two of us. So, Mr. Boykin... if you are reading this... you must know that you are really special to me because I am going to go off with you without my little man for 2 weekends in a row!


I am also ready to have a few days of digging deep into our marriage. We have been married for just about 5 and a half years and I still consider us amateurs about the whole marriage idea. It will definately be good to obtain more insight and understanding about what God tells us about marriage and being a husband/wife. Also, learning more about what our roles are in the church as husband and wife.


So, hopefully, I will have lots of info to post about next week. Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment