Thursday, March 17, 2011

Cakes

Just when I thought things were looking down again on our financial end, God steps in and takes control and I am so thankful. He continues to bless and take us through each and every day. Even if it is through me simply making cakes. I have 5 orders coming up in the next month -- the most I have had in a long time. The Lord definitely knows what he is doing!

I guess I would kind of say that I am a hobbyist (sp?) when it comes to making cakes. For the most part, I enjoy doing them, but I don't see myself ever quitting my job, opening a shop, and baking for the rest of my life. However, there are people out there that love my cakes so, I often take a random Friday night (or another night) and spend it in my kitchen -- to prepare a wonderful masterpiece. Well, at least I'd like to think they are masterpieces. :)



I am really excited about the next month. It all begins with my father-in-law's 60th birthday cake, to be prepared for this Saturday. Next weekend is another set of birthday cakes for a young lady turning 86. She has 5 children and they all have birthdays in March so they are planning a big shindig and I get to make the cakes. For April, three more birthday cakes to prepare for. I am extra excited about one of them because it is going to be a real challenge for me. However, I am ready to take that on... I love a challenge. Just for a bit of back-ground information: About a month ago, one of my co-workers asked me to make his son's second birthday cake. Ever heard of Yo Gabba Gabba? If you haven't, click here to find a wealth of information about the show! Apparently, my co-worker's son (Austin) loves this show and he wants a Yo Gabba Gabba birthday party. I had been searching the internet for a good picture of the whole clan and couldn't really find anything that would be clear enough to put on a cake. So, I created my own... Here is the proposed look of the cake...
I will be sure to take lots of pictures of this one and post for you to see. You will just have to wait until the end of April.

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait. Did you include the 2 cakes I need for you to make for me in March and April in that count?

    ReplyDelete