Sunday, June 13, 2010

An Accomplishment

And I SOOO wish I had my camera ready...

I am not sure what struck Jackson today, but he was just ready to try this whole walking thing. We walked circles around the house (on the inside of course) and he only held on to one hand! Oh, and he was very stable this time. He has been good about walking holding on with two hands, if I could ever get him to stand up and want to practice. I guess the saying is so true about them doing things when they are good and ready.

However, he was in the crawling position today after we had been practicing and he got to the squatting position. His back was to me and I am so glad it was because I don't think he would have stood at all if he knew that I was looking at him. But, he did. No hands, just stood straight up. All by himself! FINALLY!! For about 4 seconds... I think he could feel the smile on my face beaming through his back! I just wanted to run over and hug him, but I didn't. I let him do his thing and then when he sat back down and saw me, I just told him over and over what a good job that was. Then he kept trying to do it because he got a reaction out of it the first time, but wouldn't let his hands go. We are definately getting there. He walked around at chruch tonight holding one of my fingers and he walked back to the car with me.

I have just decided that he is getting just a bit heavy for me to carry all the time so I hope that the learning process on this whole walking thing goes pretty quickly. We will just have to keep on practicing.

1 comment: