Saturday, March 20, 2010

Sick... Sick... Sick...

Have I ever mentioned how I don't "do" vomit very well? (What a way to start this posting, right?) Well, just in case you aren't aware... I don't "do" vomit very well. Get my drift?

Wednesday, Jackson's day care called and said that his fever was a little high. However, not high enough for me to come and get him. He didn't seem too unhappy but he seemed to be a bit clingy. Now, if you know my son, he is the least bit clingy. He is very good about playing and occupying himself. I find this to be a very good trait sometimes -- especially when I have other things to do. I still felt like I really needed to go get him. I wanted him to be able to rest if he wanted to and I wanted to be there for him if he just wanted to cuddle with me since he wasn't feeling the greatest. Yes, I am already cherishing those moments. Of course, when we got home, it seemed as though he was just playing hookie. Didn't seem like anything was wrong, other than he had a temperature. I did give him a bath early and he had a little bit of dinner. Then went to bed right around 7. I decided to take him to the doctor Thursday morning because he did have a snotty nose and sounded really horse. I thought this junk may have something to do with his throat as well as the fact that he is cutting four, yes FOUR, teeth right now.

Doc said he has avirus going around... fever, hacking cough, irritated throat, diarrhea, and vomiting. Well, he had everything except the vomiting. Note the word HAD... Wayne was able to watch him Thursday, so I went back to work. Told him to be careful because of the diarrhea issue and I know just how bad he hates those kinds of diapers. Really... who does though?

Well, Friday morning, I thought I was going to take him back to day care because he didn't have fever at all Thursday and he hadn't thrown up. However, his snotty nose seemed to be worse and his diarrhea hadn't gotten any better... If anything,it was a little worse. So, I just decided to stay home (Wayne needed to sleep because he is working the late shift this weekend). Plus, it would have been nice to get some laundy done while I babyied my little guy. He seemed to be okay for the most of the day. However, after he ate his dinner, while he was still in his chair at the table, everything came back up. Projectile. That is the worst kind. Now, I will say that it all stayed in his chair tray, which was a good thing but it was still hard to clean it up. I guess I also don't need to leave out the fact that my step-mom was with him when this happened. I was at the sink washing dishes. So, this whole experience could have been much worse than it was. But, I just don't do vomit.

He seemed to be much better afterwards. Don't we all? I just hope he doesn't wake up in a few hours -- starving...

No comments:

Post a Comment